Hello blog readers and subscribers!
It has been another great year here at the blog. In fact, it has been the busiest year so far with almost 80,000 views! Thank you for reading and giving your feedback along the way. You encourage me to keep blogging.
Here are the 20 most popular posts of 2013:
- Jesus UnCrossed
- Support Us or You’re a Bigot?
- How Worship of the American Flag Changed Everything
- Meeting Jesus at Abu Ghraib
- Is the Pledge Good for Our Kids?
- An Open Theism Theodicy
- Why I Do Not Support or Oppose Gay Marriage
- In Awe of the God of Science
- Loving God With Your Mind
- Anabaptist Core Convictions
- Really Bad Church Names
- Josh Garrels on Believing
- The Difference Between Conviction & Condemnation
- Finding the Naked Anabaptist
- On Christian Cynicism
- Jumping Over Jesus
- Heaven is Not Our Home
- The Twilight Zone God
- Is God Good?
- God is Not Cynical (So Why Are You?)
Other blog highlights in 2013 include the following:
- Greg Boyd was inspired by my post The Twilight Zone God to preach his sermon Escaping the Twilight Zone God at Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, MN. It’s an excellent sermon! Check it out.
- A bit of my personal story as told in Is the Pledge Good for Our Kids? was reposted at churchleaders.com.
- Kurt Willems at The Pangea Blog quoted an excerpt from “Jesus UnCrossed” (response to SNL skit). Thanks, brotha Kurt!
- Q&A interviews with popular authors Frank Viola and Stuart Murray.
- Completed the provocative blog series Why the World Hates Jesus of Nazareth (7 total posts)—a summary of the good news of Christ.
- Began posting video blogs. Completed eight vlogs, including How to Trust God (An Open View) and On My Return to Vocational Ministry.
- ReKnew.org featured my writings six different times this year. Thanks to Terri and all the gang at ReKnew! You guys are a blessing.
Was there a post this year that you appreciated more than others? What was it and why?
Please do me the honor of reflecting back on this year’s many posts and let me know if you there was one or two that especially ministered to you. (It may be a post that’s not mentioned above.) I sincerely thank you!
You can expect one more post in 2013. There, there now. Dry your eyes.🙂 Stay tuned for a personal Christmas post from the Flowers family.
D.D. Flowers, 2013.