Looking for more than a simple blog post? The following is a growing collection of David’s essays and academic papers:
I have taken a break from blogging. Check out the archives for all my writings.
You can follow my preaching at granthamchurch.org
Today’s Top Ten
- RT @richvillodas: The Church is not to be found at the “center” of a left/right political world. The Church is to be a species of its own… 3 months ago
- Brian Zahnd is bringing his Prayer School to Grantham Church! granthamchurch.org/upcoming-event… 7 months ago
- RT @BrianZahnd: Before you can become an activist, you must first become a contemplative; otherwise you’ll just be a re-activist. And re-ac… 9 months ago
WELCOME!This blog is dedicated to those who are loving Jesus with all of their heart, soul, strength, and mind.
"... so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Paul, Col. 1:18
- Sonny on Really Bad Church Names
- Ruth L on N.T. Wright on Heaven & Rapture Theology
- Nosa on Loving the Truth Without Losing Your Mind — 7 Questions to Help Us All Avoid the Extremes
- FREDDY GALLO on How Worship of the American Flag Changed Everything
- Sally on How Worship of the American Flag Changed Everything
- Browse around. Check out Today's Top 10, Recent Posts, and Blog Archives.
- It’s A Woman’s World… Too
- Discipled to Christ in a Post-Christian World
- Exciting News & Upcoming Changes!
- How Jesus Rope-a-Doped the Devil
- Palm Sunday, Partisan Politics & the Power of the Cross
- Did Jesus Rise From the Dead?
- Mike Breen on Discipleship
- What Makes For A Peaceful Religion?
- Jesus Behaving Badly
- Loving the Truth Without Losing Your Mind — 7 Questions to Help Us All Avoid the Extremes
- Prince of Peace, God of War (2007)
- The Greatest Threat to the Missio Dei
- Us For Them
- Denouncing Judge Dredd (Sermon)
- The Unseen Wrath of God (Divine Justice in a Culture of Miscreants)
Popular Tagsamerican christianity anabaptism anabaptist augustine book review christ Christianity christian smith Christology Church church and state community craig keener cynicism david d. flowers deeper christian life dietrich bonhoeffer Discipleship dispensationalism divorce easter emerging church empty tomb Eschatology Faith & Politics faith and politics frank viola gay marriage gnosticism greg boyd gregory boyd heaven hell historical jesus homosexuality hopeful realism house church jesus jesus christ kingdom of god left behind love missional church n.t. wright nationalism non-violence open theism organic christianity organic church organic church life Peter Hoover pharisees politics rapture rapture theology Religion religious right resurrection resurrection of jesus rob bell satan scot mcknight second coming shane claiborne spiritual warfare stanley grenz stuart murray surprised by hope t. austin-sparks theodicy vision for 21st century evangelicalism watchman nee why the world hates jesus of nazareth william lane craig woodland hills church
What I’m Reading
Free ResourcesThe phenomenal book that inspired the blog: The Centrality & Supremacy of Our Lord Jesus Christ by T. Austin-Sparks
Podcast & mp3:
Frank Viola on the Eternal Purpose of God at George Fox Seminary.
Jon Zens on 16th century Anabaptism.
N.T. Wright on Historical Jesus Studies at Wheaton College.