Welcome to the Popular page! This is David’s list of all-time popular blog posts and articles. This page will be updated periodically. Thanks for reading, and for helping to make these posts popular!
BLOG NEWS!DECEMBER -- Thanks for visiting the blog!
"Like" a post, share a post, or comment on a post.
Subscribe now and receive fresh posts by email.
Today’s Top Ten
- Rapture Palooza!
- Really Bad Church Names
- Christian Gnosticism in the Pastorals?
- Heaven is Not Our Home
- Greg Boyd on Christmas
- Greg Boyd on Anabaptist Mega-Churches
- Rethinking the Two Kingdoms
- Vision for 21st Century Evangelicalism, Book One
- Brennan Manning on the Compassion of Jesus Christ
- The Rapture Fallacy
- "Truly he taught us to love one another... his law is love and his gospel is peace." 4 days ago
- NEW BLOG POST: "Overcoming Cynicism (Sermon)" @ daviddflowers.com/2014/12/15/ove… 5 days ago
- I'm being reminded today of how badly the world needs the liturgy of Advent--hope, peace, joy, love, and beauty--God's mystery revealed. 5 days ago
WELCOME!This blog is dedicated to those who are loving Jesus with all of their heart, soul, strength, and mind.
"... so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Paul, Col. 1:18
Jesus shows that God's love operates out of truth, not despite the truth. There's no love without truth, and there's no truth without love.— David D. Flowers (@ddflowers) December 9, 2013
- Browse around. Check out Today's Top 10, Recent Posts, and Blog Archives.
- Overcoming Cynicism (Sermon)
- Play-Doh & the Multi-Racial Kingdom of God
- Not Against Flesh & Blood (Sermon Series)
- Shapeshifting Hippie Jesus
- Brief History of Rapture (Left Behind) Theology
- Dark Matter vs Dark Energy: War in the Heavens!
- Is Marriage a Covenant? Part III
- Theo Graff Podcast Interview
- It’s Time to Brag on the Bride of Christ
- Is Marriage a Covenant? Part II
- Is Marriage a Covenant? Part I
- How Not To Make Disciples
- Thoughts on Privilege & Equal Rights
- God is Love (Grounds for the Trinity)
- The Kingdom Effect On Human Sexuality
Popular Tagsamerican christianity anabaptism anabaptist book review christ Christianity christian smith Christology Church community craig keener cynicism david d. flowers deeper christian life dietrich bonhoeffer discipleship dispensationalism divorce easter emerging church empty tomb Eschatology Faith & Politics faith and politics frank viola gay marriage gnosticism greg boyd gregory boyd heaven hell historical jesus homosexuality hopeful realism house church jesus jesus and nonviolence jesus christ kingdom of god left behind missional church n.t. wright non-violence open theism organic christianity organic church organic church life Peter Hoover pharisees politics prayer rapture rapture theology Religion religious right resurrection resurrection of jesus rob bell satan scot mcknight second coming shane claiborne spirituality spiritual warfare stanley grenz stuart murray surprised by hope t. austin-sparks theodicy vision for 21st century evangelicalism voting watchman nee why the world hates jesus of nazareth william lane craig woodland hills church
What I’m Reading
Free ResourcesThe phenomenal book that inspired the blog: The Centrality & Supremacy of Our Lord Jesus Christ by T. Austin-Sparks
Wayne Jacobsen writes about Why House Church Isn't the Answer in BodyLife.
Podcast & mp3:
Frank Viola on the Eternal Purpose of God at George Fox Seminary.
Jon Zens on 16th century Anabaptism.
N.T. Wright on Historical Jesus Studies at Wheaton College.