Welcome to the Popular page! This is David’s list of all-time popular blog posts and articles. This page will be updated periodically. Thanks for reading, and for helping to make these posts popular!
BLOG NEWS!MARCH -- Thanks for visiting the blog! Browse around.
"Like" a post, share a post, or comment on a post.
Subscribe now and receive fresh posts by email.
Today’s Top Ten
- New Blog Post: "In the Spirit of Lent" daviddflowers.com/2014/03/06/in-… 14 hours ago
- "Christianity relativizes the value of self and survival as it affirms the dignity of the enemy and offender." J.H. Yoder 3 days ago
- New Blog Post: "Anabaptism 101 (Sermon Series)" Download all 6 messages! daviddflowers.com/2014/02/27/ana… 1 week ago
WELCOME!This blog is dedicated to those who are loving Jesus with all of their heart, soul, strength, and mind.
"... so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Paul, Col. 1:18
Jesus sets the boundaries of God's will. If it doesn't look like Christ, then it's outside the will of God. Jesus IS the will of God for us.— David D. Flowers (@ddflowers) January 27, 2014
- Browse around. Check out Today's Top 10, Recent Posts, and Blog Archives.
- In the Spirit of Lent
- Anabaptism 101 (Sermon Series)
- Encountering God in Our Pain
- Is it “My Religion”?
- Deep Listening
- Seeking Christian Unity
- On Christian Community, Diversity & Equality
- Merry Christmas from Flowers Family
- 2013 in Review
- Why the World Hates Jesus of Nazareth (7 of 7)
- Why the World Hates Jesus of Nazareth (6 of 7)
- Why the World Hates Jesus of Nazareth (5 of 7)
- Benefit of the Doubt
- Why the World Hates Jesus of Nazareth (4 of 7)
- On My Return to Vocational Ministry
Popular Tagsamerican christianity anabaptism anabaptist biblical interpretation Bonhoeffer book review christ Christianity christian smith Christology christ the center Church church and state community david d. flowers deeper christian life dietrich bonhoeffer divorce easter emerging church Eschatology Ethics Faith & Politics faith and politics frank viola gay marriage greg boyd gregory boyd heaven hell historical jesus homosexuality house church institutional church jesus jesus and nonviolence jesus christ john howard yoder kingdom of god left behind milt rodriguez missional church n.t. wright non-violence open theism organic christianity organic church organic church life pagan christianity Peter Hoover pharisees politics prayer rapture theology Religion religious right resurrection resurrection of jesus rob bell scot mcknight second coming shane claiborne spirituality spiritual warfare stanley grenz stuart murray surprised by hope t. austin-sparks theodicy vision for 21st century evangelicalism voting watchman nee why the world hates jesus of nazareth william lane craig woodland hills church
What I’m Reading
Free ResourcesThe phenomenal book that inspired the blog: The Centrality & Supremacy of Our Lord Jesus Christ by T. Austin-Sparks
Wayne Jacobsen writes about Why House Church Isn't the Answer in BodyLife.
Podcast & mp3:
Frank Viola on the Eternal Purpose of God at George Fox Seminary.
Jon Zens on 16th century Anabaptism.
N.T. Wright on Historical Jesus Studies at Wheaton College.