Looking for more than a simple blog post? The following is a growing collection of David’s essays and academic papers:
BLOG NEWS!OCTOBER -- Stay Tuned!
"Like" a post, share a post, or comment on a post.
Subscribe now and receive fresh posts by email.
Today’s Top Ten
- Really Bad Church Names
- The Problem with Modern-Day Preaching
- Christ the Center
- Brief History of Rapture (Left Behind) Theology
- The Difference Between Conviction & Condemnation
- N.T. Wright on Heaven & Rapture Theology
- Shane Claiborne on War & Violence
- Dark Matter vs Dark Energy: War in the Heavens!
- The Transfiguration
- Rapture Theology: History & Influence
- "If you make disciples, you always get the Church. But if you make a church, you rarely get disciples." Mike Breen 3 weeks ago
- YES! twitter.com/theboyonthebik… 3 weeks ago
- Go to the people of peace who are open to you. For all others, kindly shake the dust off your feet and keeping moving forward in God's love. 3 weeks ago
WELCOME!This blog is dedicated to those who are loving Jesus with all of their heart, soul, strength, and mind.
"... so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Paul, Col. 1:18
- Browse around. Check out Today's Top 10, Recent Posts, and Blog Archives.
- The Greatest Threat to the Missio Dei
- Us For Them
- Denouncing Judge Dredd (Sermon)
- The Unseen Wrath of God (Divine Justice in a Culture of Miscreants)
- Flags of the Heart (The Real Problem)
- Rewiring the Brain for Greater Faith
- Evidence for God: The Fine-Tuning of the Universe
- It’s a Christian “Walk,” Not a Sprint
- Morality: The Great Signpost
- Biblical Faith (More Than A Feeling)
- 2014 Year in Review
- Overcoming Cynicism (Sermon)
- Play-Doh & the Multi-Racial Kingdom of God
- Not Against Flesh & Blood (Sermon Series)
- Shapeshifting Hippie Jesus
Popular Tagsamerican christianity anabaptism anabaptist book review christ Christianity christian smith Christology Church community craig keener cynicism david d. flowers deeper christian life dietrich bonhoeffer discipleship dispensationalism divorce easter emerging church empty tomb Eschatology Faith & Politics faith and politics frank viola gay marriage gnosticism greg boyd gregory boyd heaven hell historical jesus homosexuality hopeful realism house church jesus jesus and nonviolence jesus christ kingdom of god left behind love missional church n.t. wright non-violence open theism organic christianity organic church organic church life Peter Hoover pharisees politics prayer rapture rapture theology Religion religious right repentance resurrection resurrection of jesus rob bell satan scot mcknight second coming shane claiborne spiritual warfare stanley grenz stuart murray surprised by hope t. austin-sparks theodicy vision for 21st century evangelicalism watchman nee why the world hates jesus of nazareth william lane craig woodland hills church
What I’m Reading
Free ResourcesThe phenomenal book that inspired the blog: The Centrality & Supremacy of Our Lord Jesus Christ by T. Austin-Sparks
Wayne Jacobsen writes about Why House Church Isn't the Answer in BodyLife.
Podcast & mp3:
Frank Viola on the Eternal Purpose of God at George Fox Seminary.
Jon Zens on 16th century Anabaptism.
N.T. Wright on Historical Jesus Studies at Wheaton College.